Most Popular Apps

PropellerAds

Tuesday 2 April 2019

Possible Reason for YouTube site issues April 1-2 2019


I'm sure most people have forgotten about this by now, but today (for most people (April 2)) is the day that Google+ is supposed to be fully shut down. Ever since Google officially announced the closure of this service, I've always been very curious about what effects this would have on YouTube, especially since Google+ was a part of the site. The site is already a bit of a mess now, but Markiplier made a somewhat informative video addressing this topic specifically a few months ago ( Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InlipHDrle8 ). My channel as of April 1st 10pm PST, has seen an approximate 50% dip in hourly views and the number is just getting lower now as we have moved on to 11pm on April 1st here. the approximate dip is now at 75%. I haven't seen numbers this low per an hour in months. Not too worried, but I feel like this information might be of use to someone who's curious about the situation like me.​*edit* I also remember Mark mentioning in his video that the changes they would want to put in place wouldn't be doable until march or april, but it looks like he might of cut that out for some reason if I'm not losing my mind. via /r/youtube
Disqus Comments

Recent Posts

PropellerAds

Recent in Recipes

PropellerAds