Most Popular Apps

PropellerAds

Tuesday 30 April 2019

Super chat, is this the reality?


This is more a rant than anything else, but I need to know if this is really the reality. 2 Days ago I received 219 dollars in my live stream and was super happy about it. I know google takes their 30% cut, but today my statistic was updated and I received 125.3$ which is only 57%. I mean I know that they also add some vat and apple device fee (if its sent from an iphone) But is this the reality? And now I still have to tax this income. So from a 220 dollar donation I receive about 75$ or 34% after taxes.I know google cant estimate my income tax but they could atleast show the amount of money the creator gets on the screen and not the amount someone pays. My fans that want to support me, donate something and think this is for me alone, some maybe even know that I only get 70%, but I think nobody knows that the reality is only 57%. That is an insane fee for any market there is.​Edit: for people saying I should just switch to donations via streamlabs or bitcoin, this is sadly not an option for me, since we integrated the donations via super chat api directly into our stream. via /r/youtube
Disqus Comments

Recent Posts

PropellerAds

Recent in Recipes

PropellerAds