Most Popular Apps

PropellerAds

Sunday 28 April 2019

Youtube keeps changing my language (wrongly) to Arabic, help?


Hi there, I've been having this issue for the last couple of months. Simply put, YouTube keeps changing my language to Arabic, because of the country/lang where I live, which is es-AR (español - ARgentina), so it's also completely wrong.Nonetheless, my browser, OS, account, settings and everything else is set in English and United StatesI'm not entirely sure where or how, but I suspect it has to do with some site using the embedded YouTube player with my geolocalization forced in it and it keeps changing my YouTube PREFS cookie to say 'al=en+es-AR' and I have to manually change that cookie to en-US and that's how I fix it, temporarily until it occurs again.The thing is, this is REALLY, and I mean REALLY, bothersome. If at least I could read Arabic but that's not a language I know.So, all in all:why would YouTube use the COUNTRY CODE which is AR to assume that's the LANGUAGE ?how do I stop this from happening altogether ?The sites that have embeds (that I frequently use) are Reddit and Thingiverse, sometimes when I see an embed load I'll see it in Arabic and that's when the swearing comes through.Anyone else with the same issue ?And no, no one is accessing my account from overseas, I'd see that 'small' detail in all my alerts, account details and not to mention authenticator popping up all the time. I really believe youtube simply messed it up with the language/geolocalization, it's not the first site to be using Arabic when they read 'es-AR' (convert.io comes to mind for example, had the same issue for a long time) via /r/youtube
Disqus Comments

Recent Posts

PropellerAds

Recent in Recipes

PropellerAds