Most Popular Apps

PropellerAds

Monday 29 April 2019

Not your typical Content ID issue. Could use advice.


I write music for games. Some ends up licensed, and some buyout. For one of my licensed tracks (I have 100% to) I found out someone had put vocals over it (will refer to as "bogus") and late last year used a distributor to release on practically everything. I've already contacted the distributor to get the bogus track removed everywhere in one go but they've been unreliable at best and there's still platforms where it remains.One of those platforms is Youtube and it has roped game devs and players into this problem. This particular distributor offers Content ID and the artist opted to use it. The game this track was licensed to is 10 years old so there's plenty of gameplay videos featuring it plus art videos of the soundtrack or just this track specifically (which are all in line with dev/my usage policies for this game). These videos have begun getting claimed as the bogus track.I'm somewhat aware of how Content ID should work but nothing about how in this case, it shouldn't. How does something get removed from the Content ID database? Does the distributor removing the video do this? Since they seem to be finished with the issue, will striking the bogus video have any effect? Admittedly, I am a little salty about someone else staking claim to my music but the larger issue for me is protecting my client and fans that are now being targeted by bogus claims. Any advice from someone that may have gone through something similar would be appreciated. via /r/youtube
Disqus Comments

Recent Posts

PropellerAds

Recent in Recipes

PropellerAds