Most Popular Apps

PropellerAds

Thursday 4 April 2019

Views suddenly fell off a cliff


I've got a little channel and it's been doing pretty well. It's up over 100K subs and consistently hovered around 200k views per day for the last month or more. Suddenly about a week ago views took a nose-dive. I'm not getting half the views I did a week ago. I'm doing the things I think I'm supposed to be doing. I'm following a regular release schedule (though did an extra for April Fools) and the views that do come in are seeming to be well received. Good comments, lots up thumbs up.The most telling thing was when I made a community post earlier today. Not a thumbs up, not a thumbs down, no comments... nothing. That's highly unusual.Maybe people have grown tired of what I'm doing (totally valid!), but it seems that would have been a more graceful fall in traffic. I've received no strikes. Nothing has been demonetized (recently... it has happened).I did have a video removed (but no strike) due to someone complaining to YouTube about being on a video and that violated their privacy. (I'll spare you the merits and details). Is there some way to tell if my channel is getting black-holed or somehow "detuned" from the algorithm?Or should I just chill out? After all, a week isn't that big a deal.... is it? I'm not sure what to think. via /r/youtube
Disqus Comments

Recent Posts

PropellerAds

Recent in Recipes

PropellerAds