Most Popular Apps

PropellerAds

Saturday 13 April 2019

My entire channel just got demonetized. Anyone ever successfully appealed to YouTube support?


Sitting on nearly 450k subs - found out yesterday that my channel had been demonetized out of the blue. Didn’t even receive an email notification about anything, it was inconspicuously posted in creator studio.The message stated that I was demonetized for “reuse” of content, and from what I understand after exchanging a few emails with support, they flagged me for my older videos (uploaded years ago) that were primarily compilation-style. These videos have all been claimed on their ID system and I make zero profit on them - if ads are running on them, the money is going to the copyright holders. Completely fair.My newer videos, however, are scripted/narrated and fall under fair use.After elevating my email to their internal support team, I felt I was indirectly told to delete all of the videos on my channel that might be considered “reuse”. These videos have collectively earned millions of views, and continue to bring in traffic to my channel. And even if I moved forward with their advice, there’s no guarantee that they change their verdict.Has anyone gone through something similar with a demonetized channel? Is there a right way to go about this? Is it possible to reverse their ruling?Sorry for the long post, but this is what I’ve been doing full-time for years. It’s my livelihood. via /r/youtube
Disqus Comments

Recent Posts

PropellerAds

Recent in Recipes

PropellerAds