Most Popular Apps

PropellerAds

Friday 12 April 2019

Can we talk about YouTube "Content Farms"?


I am looking for freelance video editing work. In my job search I found a job posting for someone to edit "Film/Tv Narration videos". They used this video as an example: https://youtu.be/-cnYzwmEKTcObviously we see a lot of garbage content like this on YouTube. But how these videos are made blew my mind. I looked back in their job postings and saw that they were also hiring people to write the scripts AND voice actors to read those scripts.So they are just the middle man between these underpaid writers, actors and editors. Getting the majorty of the money from ad revenue across their 15 CHANNELS!! (I was able to get this info from them while I was applying for the job).And after seeing their style it's very easy to find their other channels. And they are far from the only people that do this. Since I have discovered this I have found sooo many other channels doing the same thing.I just want to see if any of you have similar stories, can link to other channels or know of ways we can stop this. I'm not sure if anything they are doing is against the terms of service. I suspect many of these channels are using subscriber/viewer bots but I have no way to 100% prove that.I made a video on my own channel with more info about my particular situation if you're interested here: https://youtu.be/q8vJaOnjfDA via /r/youtube
Disqus Comments

Recent Posts

PropellerAds

Recent in Recipes

PropellerAds