Most Popular Apps

PropellerAds

Friday, 15 March 2019

What's up with youtube recently? (Chrome: unresponsive, slow, crashes, etc)


Hey!I noticed that in the last few days Youtube is very prone to problems.For example sometimes I click the video to pause it, and it literally takes like 10 seconds to get the command to "work".Yesterday for example I had that weird bug:I watch a video in fullscreen and suddenly the whole screen is white, just white.Then it get's black and I only see my desktop and then the whole fullscreen video appears again. Mostly it'll work then but Chrome crashed like that 2 times already - this ONLY happens on Youtube. I even deactivated some Add-Ons in Chrome even though I never had any problems, they just came out of nowhere and it's really annoying.Or I'll try to scroll down and it just takes a while. Now you might say "That's your laptop being slow"But I don't have the problem in Firefox or on any other side and you'll see my Laptop Specs below. And I tested it with and without hardware acceleration - not really a change/difference.Now it could also be Chrome, maybe, but isn't Chrome owned by Google and Youtube too? So one would imagine they work 'together' flawlessly.I also noticed that Youtube is testing a lot of new features here and there all the time, so it could also be this. But still it's so annoying. If I would've to describe my experience since I know Youtube concerning problems I'd say 1 year and 6 month back (more or less) is my worst experience with Youtube.​My Laptop Specs:i7-7500U16GB RAMWin 10, latest update​But on my Desktop I don't have any problems. I also tested that on my Macbook Pro where I have the same problems. So I'm not sure if it maybe has to do with Laptop Hardware + Youtube/Chrome. I guess I don't have any problems on my Desktop because it's way more 'powerful'. But tbh I also don't use the Desktop as much to watch Youtube videos as on my laptops, so maybe I was just lucky and never experienced the problems as severe as on my laptops.​Am I alone, or are other people experiencing the same or similar problems?Thanks and Kind Regards! via /r/youtube
Disqus Comments

Recent Posts

PropellerAds

Recent in Recipes

PropellerAds