Most Popular Apps

PropellerAds

Friday 22 February 2019

Is it normal for new channels to get little views?


I am fairly new to YouTube as a content creator but I am a little confused how this all works with the metrics and audience. I am getting really demotivated due to spending hours creating content for it to get 40 views.I have had a channel now for around 3 months and posted 50+ videos, each one has increased in quality and as a result the retention rate is higher. But I am getting next to no views on the channel and I have a feeling my videos may have been "deranked"? Or something isn't right with what I am doing?My retention rate is roughly 40% and videos are around 15-20 minutes long. I don't feel like the retention is the issue as a 40% seems ok but my videos just aren't ranking at all in the searches. Iv'e posted videos on 3rd party websites that are relevant to that topic which drives traffic but it still doesn't come from YouTube.My quality i'd say is as best as I can get, I use a top quality camera, microphone and ensure the footage is always a smooth 1080p 60fps with no drops. The video is heavily edited to ensure humour and flow is kept.​My method is to do the following:Find a trending topicResearch said topic and prep a videoRecord as many takes as I need before the quality is up to scratchCheck keywords to ensure maximum search valueEnsure keyword is in the video, title, description and tags (keeping all tags relevant)Share on social media platforms​The small number of views I do achieve all ask why I have so little views or subscribers... I am just a little demotivated as I have spent hundreds of hours (maybe thousands) and something feels very wrong.​Is this normal for small start channels to get sub 100 views a video? via /r/youtube
Disqus Comments

Recent Posts

PropellerAds

Recent in Recipes

PropellerAds